Since August is National Breast Feeding Month According the the Virgin Islands WIC Program I’ve decided to post 10 reasons why you should breast feed you child. This was taking from ProMoM site which stands for PROmotions of MOther’s Milk.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breastfeeding
- The American Dietetic Association promotes breastfeeding
- Breast milk is more digestible than formula
- Not breastfeeding increases mother’s risk of breast cancer
- Baby’s suckling helps shrink mother’s uterus after childbirth
- Formula feeding increases baby girls’ risk of developing breast cancer in later life
- Formula Feeding is associated with lower I.Q.
- Breast milk is always ready and comes in a nicer package than formula does
- Breast milk helps pass meconium
- Breast milk contains immunities to diseases and aids in the development of baby’s immune system
[phpbaysidebar title=”Breast Feeding” keywords=”Breast Feeding” num=”10″ country=”1″ sort=”BestMatch” id=”4″] [phpzonsidebar title=”Breast Feeding” keywords=”Breast Feeding” num=”10″ country=”US” searchindex=”All” trackingid=”dpsyk-20″ sort=”none” id=”5″]